Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year

My last question for 2009 for you is, What funny habit did you inherit from your parents? Mine is saving containers, everything from peanut butter and miracle whip plastic bottles, hot cocoa, frosting, even nut containers. You never know when they will come in handy and sometimes I wonder what to do with them. Well as the Christmas Holiday came and went and my family was sick with the stomach flu, I was unable to get out and deliver fun neighbor and freind gifts. So I came up with this idea for a New Year Treat for my neighbors and I could use some of those containers I have been saving.

I decorated the following containers using:
1. From the Holiday mini catalog I used the Night & Day Specialty Designer Series Paper & Silver Elastic Cord (which is great to have around for attaching tags to gifts). If you haven't ordered these items from this mini catalog, you will need to hurry, the catalog expires on January 4, 2010.
2. Card Stock: Basic Black, Silver, Real Red
3. Big Shot Die: Flower Folds & Two Tags
4. Other: 1" circle punch, clear jeweled brad, sticky strip
5. Stamp Set: Family Phrases



I filled each container with Chex Party Mix with a twist. Since I like a little salty and sweet mixed together, I added M&M's. Since most of you know I don't live close to a grocery store I have to use what I have on hand and the only M&M's I had were Halloween. I thought they added a fun festive look to the Party Mix.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Steph Gittins said...

Okay, I admit it- I do the same thing. I love frosting containers the most- they have straight sides, which makes them easier to cover with paper. I love the black, silver, and red together.