Friday, November 6, 2009

Christmas Countdown ( 7 weeks)

Check back every Friday until Christmas for more FUN Christmas gift giving ideas!

I made this Christmas Count down last year. My kids had so much fun opening each box and finding a treat inside (from chocolate nuggets, little toys, Xmas ornaments, money and snowflake necklaces for the girls). They have already started asking if I was going to get out the Christmas Countdown this year. It's going to be a fun family tradition each year.

I have countdown kits available if you are interested, just call me
$15 per kit plus the cost of vinyl Christmas count down (small, real red) plus any shipping cost (if you can't pick it up from my house)

Each kit includes
* framed piece of wood
* 6 - 6X6 sheets of Designer Series Paper (Kraft, Real Red and Old Olive)
* over 3 yds of 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon (Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Real Red)
* Instructions and one sample of how to make your own box

What YOU will need to purchase in addition to finish your count down calendar
* Vinyl Christmas Count Down (Item # 114831, $19.95)
* White Acrylic Paint
* Small boxes from a Kraft store, dollar store or paper supply store, or I include instructions to make your own boxes
* Velcro to attach boxes to picture (this makes it easy for storage and the kids can remove the boxes after they open them)
* Thin Balsa wood for numbers

Makes a cute and fun family Christmas gift.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Hi Lisa! I made a Christmas Countdown last year too - but I love yours so much better! I'd like to purchase one of your kits - how much do you think it would cost to ship it?