Monday, January 31, 2011

New Technique


I wanted to show case this card I made for our super awesome Cub Scout Master Vickie and her assistant Diane. So for a fun thank you card I wanted to emphasize my favorite Pack Meeting. For one of our summer Cub Scout Pack meetings all the families traveled up to Old Ephraim's Grave in Logan Canyon. There is a memorial to this Old Grizzly Bear that terrorized the ranchers and live stock in the early 1920's . Vickie who is a totally awesome story teller, told the story of Old Ephraim and how Frank Clark shot the old grizzly Bear.

NEW TECHNIQUE: for the sky/clouds, first I punched a 1 3/4" scalloped circle from a scrap piece of card stock. I then placed this scalloped circle on a piece of Whisper White card stock and sponged Bashful Blue ink around the top-outer edge of the scalloped circle. Then moved the circle and repeated the sponging, repeating these steps, leaving white spaces, until I filled the White Card Stock with clouds.

Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Under the Stars
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Summer Sun, Bashful Blue
Card Stock: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Night of Navy, Summer Sun (retired), Creamy Carmel (retired)
Accessories: Top Note Big Shot Die, Large Star Punch, Silver Cord


Thanks Cub Master Vickie, Your the Best!

No comments: